Ellie playing with a Kenneth Hedrick election fan:)
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Since I was feeling awful the night Halloween night, I took a NyQuil, set my alarm, and went to sleep. Unfortunately, I set my alarm for 7:00pm instead of am. We had a meeting at Express at 8:00am, and I did not wake up until 7:55am. I don't know how, but I made it to work at 8:10 and since one of managers had still yet to arrive I wasn't in any trouble. Part of the meeting was spent giving out awards. I was delightfully surprised to find out I received an award for "ability to recommend". The award goes to "the associate who consistently met the customer's shopping needs through outfitting, adding on, offering credit, and leveraging our promotions that drove sales in the Fall 2011 season". It made me really happy that even though I've only been there about a month, I was still recognized for this.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Ellie ready for the homecoming game in her new sweater!
Brittany (my geology buddy) and I
Annabelle, Alexa, Drew, and I
|Ahmaad, my peer leader and I|
John Mark and I
(nurse and gingerbread man)
some of the girls and I
Well it's finally game day! And what am I doing? Waking my butt up early to work an SGA shift of course! After I got ready and into my festive homecoming outfit, I headed up to the field to help decorate the tent for the girls on homecoming court. Luckily, the shift before me had already gotten a lot done, so it didn't take long. Then, it was time to kickback and relax while tailgating with my sisters and puppy, Ellie. I had so much fun visiting with everyone and snacking on all of the delicious food. When going into the game, I had to sneak Ellie under my coat, so she would be able to come in. There was no way I was taking her all the way back home then back again to the game. Since nobody caught us we stayed until thirty minutes before I had to go to work so that I'd have enough time to make it on time. By the end of my work day, I was completely exhausted and feeling pretty sick from all of the weather changes. Needless to say, I wasn't really excited about the whole costume party thing. I didn't want to leave my boyfriend hanging though, so I went ahead and got ready and went out with him anyway. Though not too long after arriving began to feel even more awful and called it a night and went home. It was a great day, but I really just wanted to rest up afterwards!
Friday, November 4, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
- Sunday, after church my parents came to Monroe to watch the amazing movie "Courageous" and bring John Mark and I a WORKING washer and dryer for his apartment! I specify working because before we had to wring out the soaking wet clothes before we could dry them. After the movie was over, we went out to eat at Copeland's though I had to leave early for my weekly KD meeting.
- Monday, it was finally time for me to give my informative speech on great white sharks. And I totally bombed it..
- Tuesday, I worked a homecoming shift for CAB selling T-shirts in front of the SUB. Then that evening my BUSN 1001 class had a meet-n-greet with the College of Business professors and alumni.
- Wednesday, I had a lot of errands and things to do. Luckily, one of my classes was cancelled, so I had a little extra time. That morning I had to meet with Dr. Cole, my advisor, to go over what classes I will be taking next semester and get permission to drop a class this semester and take 18 hours next. After my meeting, I paid my parking fines and dropped my Public Speaking class in order to save my GPA. Once I got all of that along with finalizing my spacial essay, I began my on campus job working for the marketing department. Needless to say by the end of the day I was ready for sleep!
- Thursday evening, I went to a dinner at Copeland's arranged by Dr. Cole in order to allow a few marketing majors to meet Shama Kabani, the zen of social media. She sweetly answered any questions we had and gave us her words of wisdom for our future. Right after dinner I got changed into my cop costume and went to ULM's costume ball, but I wasn't feeling very well and left early.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
As you can probably tell, I have been incredibly busy the past couple of weeks! Instead of doing a separate post for everything that's been keeping my busy, I'm just going to give a few highlights of what you've missed.
- Sunday night, I pulled an all-nighter with the help of Aderall to study for my Kappa Delta test, write and study my informative speech, and complete English homework.
- Monday, I was thrilled to find out I didn't even have to give my speech because she split us into two groups, and I was down for the next Monday. Later, I had my Kappa Delta test which I had to get at least a 90% on to stay in my sorority. Don't worry my cramming paid off!
- Tuesday night, we had Second Degree (just another part of our initiation).
- Wednesday, I finally got initiated into Kappa Delta Sorority! yayyyy :)
- Thursday, John Mark and I decided to join a few of his friends and go watch Paranormal Activity 3 on premiere night! I must say it was much scarier and more enjoyable than the first two combined. After the movie, I worked a shift at the Panhellenic Pancake event which was to raise money for all of the sororities to send to nationals. The event lasted 12:30 to 3:00am and you could get all you can eat pancakes for only $5. Although we at first thought it was a big success, we made a grand total of -$5.. yes I do mean we lost five bucks.
- Friday, we had our Kappa Delta semi-formal!
- Saturday is too long ago for me to remember if it's not on my calender
Monday, October 17, 2011
As an early birthday present, John Mark bought me a Yorkie puppy! I named her Ellie, and she is the absolute cutest, sweetest, most precious puppy ever! She really is like my baby girl too. In the few days I've had her, we have went to visit both mine and John Mark's families, a football game, a bon fire, and the balloon races. I take her with me everywhere I can and try to sneak her the places I can't. I love her so much, and I can't wait to have more new adventures/experiences with her:)