PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Just the Beginning..


Yesterday, Annabelle and I went to the Monroe Athletic Center (MAC) for a Zumba class after she got off work. The class is an hour long but since we were running late we were only there for 45 minutes. It was the most fun and most intense thing I've ever done! We both really enjoyed it, but we were also completely worn out afterwards. I can't wait to go to another!


Earlier that day, Annabelle called me to ask me to be in a style show this Saturday for Herringstone's, the amazing boutique she works at! Right before zumba class, I headed over there to try on the outfit I'll be wearing. Needless to say, I am beyond excited!


Yesterday I also had my very first Campus Activities Board (CAB) meeting. We ate Johnny's pizza (yum!) and signed up for our first shifts for Week Of Welcome. Then after a mingle game to break the ice, our president, Ben Young, went over all the duties and expectations of being a CAB member. We also got to meet with our groups. I am in Special Entertainment which gets to decide what contests and different things we will bring to campus this year.


Since I am living in a dorm and have no means of cooking other than a toaster and microwave, I have been cooking at my boyfriend, John Mark's, apartment every night. Tuesday I cooked hamburger steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. Wednesday was parmesan topped tilapia and stir-fry, and last night I made spaghetti and meatballs. The cooking has been going very well for the most part, and by that I mean Wednesday I sort of set the smoke detector off three times. The first time was in my dorm while I tried to make pop tarts. Then, I did it again at John Mark's not because I burned anything but just because the oven was turned up so high.

Today is Move In Mania, so now everybody else is moving in on campus. I can't wait to see all my friends that are coming today!

No comments:

Post a Comment